Our club is a great place to learn about daylilies and gardening. We have regular meetings with speakers, plant auctions, plant sales, bus trips, parties and other events. We meet at the Franklin Park Conservatory and have our own daylily gardens on the property.
The AHS has a membership portal. This portal allows you to create your own profile, connect with AHS members around the world, participate in forums and blogs or explore photo albums and Regional and other group areas. Visit the AHS Membership Portal
Thanks to all of you who attended our holiday party at Franklin Park Conservatory. We had a buffet lunch followed by our gift exchange. Our next event is our February 7 at 2 pm winter meeting. We will have a pre sale of plants from one of our hybridizer gardens at 1 pm. This is a members only sale, but if you want any of these plants(listed in our January newsletter) just show up for the sale and join our club!
There are some great, hard to find plants here for only $5 or $10. We will also have a guest speaker, William Merchant, at our Feb 7th meeting. Just show up and you will have a good time.
Last Updated 1-16-16
Benefits of MCDS
- Enjoy meeting others who share your entusiasm for gardening and daylilies — our members answer questions, often trade plants, and share their expertise and experiences growing daylilies.
- Socialize with other gardeners, commercial growers, and hybridizers at MCDS meetings, special events, and activities.
- Participate in member plant auctions and plant drawings. Receive at least two plants a year (sometimes four) in drawings after you have been a member for a year. Grow these plants for two years, keep a piece & return for our plant auction.
- Attend workshops and training clinics offered by the club. Receive traning to become a garden judge and exhibition judge.
- Learn to enter some of your own flowers in the annual daylily show at Franklin Park Conservatory. We have special awards for novice entries. Your flower may win a ribbon or even be selected as Best of Show!