Our club is a great place to learn about daylilies and gardening. We have regular meetings with speakers, plant auctions, plant sales, bus trips, parties and other events. We meet at the Franklin Park Conservatory and have our own daylily gardens on the property.
The AHS has a membership portal. This portal allows you to create your own profile, connect with AHS members around the world, participate in forums and blogs or explore photo albums and Regional and other group areas. Visit the AHS Membership Portal
Fall MCDS Meeting November 8,2015: Please come to this meeting to hear or guest speaker Tom Polston of Pleasant Valley Gardens! The meeting starts at 2 PM
Thanks to all of you who attended our plant sale and auction on August 15. We had a good crowd for the sale and about 80 or so stayed for the auction and guest plant give away. This year again, we gave two plants to each member (who has been a member for more than a year). These plants included 2015 and 2015 introductions by Jamie and Diana Gossard, Stamile, Margo Reed and Jim Murphy. Members grow these plants for two years and return them for the two auctions we have per year. Here are a few photos of the event.
Last Updated 11-5-15
Benefits of MCDS
- Enjoy meeting others who share your entusiasm for gardening and daylilies — our members answer questions, often trade plants, and share their expertise and experiences growing daylilies.
- Socialize with other gardeners, commercial growers, and hybridizers at MCDS meetings, special events, and activities.
- Participate in member plant auctions and plant drawings. Receive at least two plants a year (sometimes four) in drawings after you have been a member for a year. Grow these plants for two years, keep a piece & return for our plant auction.
- Attend workshops and training clinics offered by the club. Receive traning to become a garden judge and exhibition judge.
- Learn to enter some of your own flowers in the annual daylily show at Franklin Park Conservatory. We have special awards for novice entries. Your flower may win a ribbon or even be selected as Best of Show!