Welcome to the Metropolitan Columbus Daylily Society!
MCDS is one of the largest daylily clubs in the United States with more than 200 members total. Our club represents everyone from backyard gardeners with just a few plants to commercial growers with thousands
of plants. JOIN TODAY
Our club is a great place to learn about daylilies and gardening. We have regular meetings with speakers, plant auctions, plant sales, bus trips, parties and other events. We meet at the Franklin Park Conservatory and have our own daylily gardens on the property.
We are affiliated with the American Hemerocallis Society (AHS) and AHS Region 2. Check out these links to learn about the Society and Regional Activities.
The AHS has a membership portal. This portal allows you to create your own profile, connect with AHS members around the world, participate in forums and blogs or explore photo albums and Regional and other group areas. Visit the AHS Membership Portal
Last Updated 4-12-18
Benefits of MCDS
- Enjoy meeting others who share your enthusiasm for gardening and daylilies — our members answer questions, often trade plants, and share their expertise and experiences growing daylilies.
- Socialize with other gardeners, commercial growers, and hybridizers at MCDS meetings, special events, and activities.
- Participate in member plant auctions and plant drawings. Receive at least two plants a year (sometimes four) in drawings after you have been a member for a year. Grow these plants for two years, keep a piece & return for our plant auction.
- Attend workshops and training clinics offered by the club. Receive traning to become a garden judge and exhibition judge.
- Learn to enter some of your own flowers in the annual daylily show at Franklin Park Conservatory. We have special awards for novice entries. Your flower may win a ribbon or even be selected as Best of Show!